I am sorry but my schedule is currently full and I am not working with new clients.
What kind of therapist are you?
I work as both a pastoral counselor and a psychotherapist.
The form of counseling I practice combines three ingredients:
- a person-centered orientation;
- solution-focused discussions;
- cognitive-behavioral tasks.
For people who request it, counseling can also include a fourth ingredient:
- spiritual guidance*.
*(This fourth ingredient is entirely up to you ~ it can be added if and only if you would like it included.)
What does it cost?
- Empire Blue Cross (including Medicaid and Essential Plans)
- EverNorth (which used to be called Cigna)
- HealthFirst (including Medicaid and Essential Plans)
- MetroPlus (including Medicaid and Essential Plans)
Who would be helping me?
Here is some information about me:
- I am a New York State licensed clinical social worker ~ I completed my graduate training in social work in 1983 (so I have been around for a while...).
- I have a doctorate in pastoral care and have completed training as a chaplain.
- Before starting as a therapist on my own, I worked at nonprofit organizations in New York City, including the City's public hospitals ~ NYC Health + Hospitals.
I have some questions...
- Feel free to call or text (347-766-5580) or email connect [at] alisonbrodyalpert.net to get in touch. I am glad to answer any questions you may have.
If we are meeting and working together for counseling and are focusing on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) skills, please use this link to access the CBT pages and work sheets.